Blog

We work to keep you ahead of the curve. Our blog posts leverage our industry and market expertise to help your company learn, grow, and capture opportunities.

Creating the “Right” Engagement with Patients

May 15, 2019

Editor’s note: Heather Greenberg, director of business development at EnvoyHealth, contributed to this post.

Those affected by a rare disease require — and deserve — a different patient service experience. This is why patient services providers like EnvoyHealth must design programs that take the complexity out of initial access and ongoing care coordination. By balancing the right human touch with the right technology, we can create personalized interactions through multi-channel engagement.

The patient services industry has used many terms for the methods of best supporting patients, such as “white glove,” “hub lite,” “concierge,” and many others. To simplify, at EnvoyHealth, we call this “Hub-Right”.

Here is what we mean and how this vision can be made real:

Omni-Channel Customization that Works
With the evolution of true patient concierge mobile apps and bidirectional natural language texting, we can now provide the next level of tailored workflows to fit around the busy lives of those we support. These platforms, only recently fully available, can provide more convenient experiences for our patients, driving improved engagement and deeper relationships. At EnvoyHealth, we have identified strategic omni-channel partners that can be a seamless extension of traditional support services. In today’s digital age, everyone has a preferred communication method. By providing a full-suite of communication options, we can enhance connections with our patients and engage with them in a more personalized and meaningful way. Our goal is to provide comprehensive support while limiting the interruptions in our patient’s daily life by meeting them when, where, and how they prefer.

Real-Time Clinical Engagement That Elevates Patient Insights
A patient spends less than 1% of their time interacting with a healthcare provider or other professional that can support their disease and therapeutic needs. The other 99% is open space where a patient may need support, but doesn’t know where to find it, leaving them with their own uninformed thoughts about their disease. The omni-channel technology mentioned above closes this gap — we have seen data from rare disease patients in which they are interacting with the program up to 15 times per week1 to receive information, ask questions or schedule follow-up.

Weaving this technology into a hub program not only drives engagement, but also collects much deeper patient insights. In comparison, a traditional service program might engage with a patient once or twice a month. For example, with apps or other technologies, we are able to understand whether a patient missed a targeted dosing window. This can trigger a digital reminder and even escalate to a clinical intervention within the same day, which accomplishes the actual goal: preventing a missed dose. This higher-level engagement translates to a more complete picture of the patient journey, as well as real-world data that can inform future brand and support strategies.

These are just some of the topics we discussed at Asembia. Contact us if we missed you at the conference so that we can partner with you to better serve your patients, their families, and the providers that take care of them.


[1] Source: MangoHealth

Contact Us

Are you ready to stand out? Let's talk.

Industry expertise. Collaborative partnership. Iterative solutions. Let’s extend your reach and build your market presence.

This form is for business inquiries only. If you have a medical question or concern, please contact your healthcare provider.

855.768.9727

Locations

Accreditations

VAWD VIPPS